Friday, June 14, 2013

Craft ADD...

I have craft ADD - wait, no, maybe I have everything ADD. As a result of this, I am always coming up with new ideas and projects that sound really exciting at first, but the allure of each slowly wears away as soon as the newest idea is born. Now, I have something that can only be described as a sort of "Land of Misfits" for unwanted and abandoned craft projects littering the extra bedroom my art studio. Somethings gotta change. Now don't get me wrong, I have finished many projects over the years, but there are far too many unfinished ones to be acceptable (shoes made out of recycled wine corks anyone? I think I gave up on that one before the 1st bottle of wine was even finished). So, I decided to try my hand at blogging to give myself some sort of incentive for finishing projects - I get to post all about them and share my creative process with other like minded people. Now, this can go one of two ways. Firstly, (this may not be a real word and I know and accept that, but it will not stop me from using it often) I could eventually turn this into a successful blog that people actually want to read and are inspired by, then I could quit my day job and just blog and craft ALL DAY - or it could join the rest of my abandoned projects upstairs in the Land of Misfits. Only time will tell - but I'm sure banking on option #1 (at least the first half of it)!

Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment